33rd Uckfield Model Railway Exhibition - 21st & 22nd October 2017

adrianmc

• RMweb Gold

WillowTreeShed has uploaded a video of the exhibition on YouTube.

At nearly an hour long all the layouts are featured apart from Surrey Arms - apparently it was too crowded when he tried.

Well worth watching.

Edited by adrianmc
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Many thanks to all our visitors, layout owners, demonstrators and members of the trade who contributed to the success and friendliness of this year's Uckfield exhibition.

And thank you for all the favourable comments on this forum - they are much appreciated by the Club.

For the record a couple of awards were made over the course of the weekend:

The Keith Nock Memorial Trophy - presented to the favourite layout as voted for by members, exhibitors, trade etc and presented at the Saturday Social. 

Recipient: Lightermans Yard by the Kent & Essex Area Group of the 2mm Scale Association

Runner Up: Arun Quay by Gordon & Maggie Gravett

Best in Show - plaque presented to the favourite layout as voted for by the visiting public and presented at 4pm on the Sunday

Recipient: Denton Brook by Giles Favell

Runner Up: Arun Quay by Gordon & Maggie Gravett

A photographic retrospective has now been uploaded to the Club's website at http://www.uckfieldmrc.co.uk/exhib17nf.html

Provisional details about the 34th Uckfield Model Railway Exhibition on the 20th & 21st October 2018 have also been uploaded.

Edited by adrianmc
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

A show which has the work of the Gravett’s coming second in two polls is setting a very high standard!

The Gravetts did come first in one event - they, combined with the Sidmouth crew, formed the team that won the table top quiz at the Saturday Social answering questions on topics as diverse as sweets, catchphrases and palindromes.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

The Gravetts did come first in one event - they, combined with the Sidmouth crew, formed the team that won the table top quiz at the Saturday Social answering questions on topics as diverse as sweets, catchphrases and palindromes.

Yes, but as I pointed out at the time, they were sat on the same table as the quiz setter (you).

Coincidence? So you say. ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yes, but as I pointed out at the time, they were sat on the same table as the quiz setter (you).

Coincidence? So you say. ;)

And there were EIGHT of them on that table!  We only had four and come a resounding bottom...

• RMweb Premium

A photographic retrospective has now been uploaded to the Club's website at http://www.uckfieldmrc.co.uk/exhib17nf.html

Lovely set of photos Adrian, thanks very much.  I see that the one shot of me has me clutching a mug of tea; I hate to think just how much tea we imbibed over the weekend.

As I've said before, an excellent show.  I'd like to come again, would you like me to bring Charmouth in a couple of years time?

Many thanks, Dave.

• Like 1

Thanks Adrian, a super set of exhibition photos. I enjoyed myself immensely at this the most friendly of shows I have been to in years! And I hope I entertained and informed all those who engaged with my demo. Would love to come back again sometime (perhaps with my more complete 2mm layout?).

It was a great show - and the club were extremely welcoming from the very first moment! The never-ending tea was superb......

Maggie won the quiz single handed through her unequalled comprehensive knowledge and first hand experience of chocolate...!!!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I guess two had to "declare an interest", having compiled it!

Yes my other half, Georgina, couldn't really take part as I asked her for feedback on the "difficulty" or not of the questions. A self confessed chocaholic there was just one of the sweets in the 26 alphabet sweet questions that she didn't get - so that part of the quiz was judged to be just about right! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Lovely set of photos Adrian, thanks very much.  I see that the one shot of me has me clutching a mug of tea; I hate to think just how much tea we imbibed over the weekend.

As I've said before, an excellent show.  I'd like to come again, would you like me to bring Charmouth in a couple of years time?

Many thanks, Dave.

Hi Dave,

Glad you enjoyed the retrospective.

Yes please to you bringing Charmouth to a future show - will drop you an email with some dates.

Edited by adrianmc