The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Anyone here use AirBnB?

Joseph_Pestell

• RMweb Gold

I'm after some help, please.

I want to book some accommodation on AirBnB. I would book a hotel but all the hotels close to the location are already booked up that weekend.

There is a glitch on the AirBnB website which means that I cannot sign up.

There is a "help" facility on the website and also a "feedback" facility. But to use those, you have to log in - which,

If you have a smartphone or a tablet PC there is an AirBnB app which works very well.

The easiest way by far is if you have a Google account and then you can log on with one click - if you don't mind certain data being shared.

However it works out better that way as AirBnB notifications go straight into your Gmail account which means you have all your check in details and contact numbers at hand on your smartphone when you are travelling - proved invaluable on my last trip.

• RMweb Gold

Tried to phone them?

The people in the office seem to be pretty clued up and should be able to sort out any problems.

Bernard

I don't think there was a phone number. Probably on part of the site you can only access once logged in!

If you have a smartphone or a tablet PC there is an AirBnB app which works very well.

The easiest way by far is if you have a Google account and then you can log on with one click - if you don't mind certain data being shared.

However it works out better that way as AirBnB notifications go straight into your Gmail account which means you have all your check in details and contact numbers at hand on your smartphone when you are travelling - proved invaluable on my last trip.

Thanks. This sounds good. SWMBO uses GMail on her mobile.

I don't think there was a phone number. Probably on part of the site you can only access once logged in!

I think you are correct. I have just had a look on the public web site and cannot see one.

SWMBO is the official person for our property and she has a phone number as it was helpful to set up the various options on the calendar for bookings by talking it through.

Bernard

• RMweb Gold

I think you are correct. I have just had a look on the public web site and cannot see one.

SWMBO is the official person for our property and she has a phone number as it was helpful to set up the various options on the calendar for bookings by talking it through.

Bernard

Amazing isn't it how successful a business can be while making a fairly simple mistake such as not giving out their phone number.

That said, I admit to using phone helplines as little as possible these days. Make my blood boil with endless options to key in, none of which ever quite correspond to my need. And then finally you get through to talk to some one who seems to have a minimal acquaintance with the English language and no knowledge at all of UK geography.