KINGSBOROUGH - Semi-Rural Terminus - BR NER/ER c. 1960's & 1980's

This has so far been a monologue, so I'm here to make it a dialogue...

What exactly do you mean by this? Anyway I don't exactly post much on this thread in particular, more of the progress is on the blog (see my signature), but even then I still haven't updated that! I also have been creating a lot of help threads, each on different subjects including timetables, rolling stock and all sorts of things. Last night I started nailing down the track, so there's something!

post-32712-0-39287200-1515102042_thumb.jpeg

Note the bag of nails sitting on the layout.

EDIT: The first lot of posts is full of junk. They were all earlier proposals that were scrapped pretty early on in the building of the layout. I started building this at around 4 November 2017.

Edited by DoubleDeckInterurban
  • Like 2

Hi all, some would have noticed that I've changed the title of the thread (AGAIN!). I've been doing a fair amount of work recently, and when I went 'DMU Model Hunting' I had not much luck for 1970's stock, because they were all PLAIN BLUE! Pretty boring, right? So I thought that I'd tweak the eras I'm modelling in. I've abandoned the 1970's and have gone back a decade to the 1960's, allowing me to run steam hauled services and one or two green DMU's. I got this idea from one of my several help threads about various subjects in making this layout, though I can't remember which one or who posted it. The 1980's will remain very much the same, but I may end up running a couple of Blue/Grey units alongside my refurbished 108 and perhaps ONE plain blue unit. At the way I'm going here's how it's all going to work:

1960's:

Steam Hauled Services - Will comprise of Ex LNER locomotives with Ex LNER coaches, pretty simple here. I'm thinking maybe a J94 & N2, along with my J50 Class, hauling Gresley and Thompson Coaching stock.

DMU's - Will include a 2-car Met-Camm Lightweight in BR Green.

Parcels Trains - One train of three BG vans, or GUV's, or both hauled by one of the steam locomotives. Vans will be Maroon, maybe one could be still in Crimson/Cream.

1980's:

DMU's - Will include a 3-car Class 101 (yes, they were very common in the NER/ER!) in Blue/Grey, a 2-car Class 105 Cravens Unit in Plain Blue, along with my Refurbished Class 108.

Parcels Trains - One train of three BG vans, or GUV's, or both hauled by Diesel Locomotive. Vans will be Blue/Grey.

EDIT: WHY DID I WRITE CLASS 101? ITS A MET-CAMM LIGHTWEIGHT!

Edited by DoubleDeckInterurban

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Thought I'd (at least try) to bring this thread back from the dead and post a few pictures of the layout. I would normally do this on my blog but I don't think these would be worthy to post on there.

post-32712-0-37335700-1519026743_thumb.jpeg

An overall view of the layout as of the time of posting. Note that I have had to crop it to cut out certain 'surplus' parts from the photo.

post-32712-0-88007300-1519026766_thumb.jpeg

The old, and the very old! The J50 and the refurbished class 108 (I know, totally out of era!) sit in both platforms of the recently erected station, which is yet to have a building put on top of it.

post-32712-0-97085300-1519026790_thumb.jpeg

A recent acquisition, although the crane is missing the jib runner.

• Like 1