Back to back gauge

I need a L shaped B2B for 00 gauge. I already have the brass ones where the axle fits into a slot, but I need the L shapes one as it will allow me to "mount" things onto the axle and re-attach the wheels after.

Does anyone know where to get them?

• RMweb Gold

I have a DOGA finescale b2b gauge which I bought because I thought would be the correct gauge for modern stock on code 75 track.

It isn't. Setting b2bs using the universal gauge gives much more reliable running through pointwork.

Yes, the finescale ones are really for people who build their own track with tighter flangeways etc.

John

Yes, the finescale ones are really for people who build their own track with tighter flangeways etc.

John

It relies on 1mm flangeways I believe and once reset the wheels will no longer run on 'normal' track. A B2B gauge relies on a standard flange thickness - normally 0.5mm for 14.5mm. There is a lot of slop between wheel and rail in 00 so a slightly thicker flange can be tolerated. The dimension that should be standardised is the check gauge B2B + flange thickness.

The NMRA site goes into a lot of detail on this.