Tenshodo Motor Bogie into 00 Gauge Brake Van

After reading a post recently on RM Web about gravity shunting it got me thinking if it would be possible to fit a Tenshodo etc motor bogie into a brake van to simulate the van gravitating onto the back of a train.

I would be interested to hear if this is possible to do or has been done already, I have also thought if the 'Fly Shunter' from 'High Level Kits' might be an option.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

It is possible and has been done.

Worth considering the alternative of having a free rolling vehicle, and a siding on a gradient enough to cause it to roll away; and some sort of user operable brake, like a pin in the four foot which may be raised or lowered to engage an axle. That way there is no need to operate the van at all times when it has to move.

A good many years ago among some other stuff I bought an ERTL (I think) Toby that someone had fitted a Tenshodo bogie in. Surprisingly powerful it could haul 8 or 9 coaches with ease and often did a lap or two around Deepcar to the delight of watching children. So fitting one in a brakevan should be straightforward

• Like 1

Yes it sure can be done, I picked up the short triang brake van which had be converted into Tobyesk tram I only bough it because it was cheaper than a Tenshodo, trouble is the conversion was so neatly done I never did take the unit out for reuse, she still potters around amusing me,so if it can be fitted into the shortest of vans,

Can you get one with the right wheelbase for the BR 16t or GWR toad?