RMweb

Coaling towers

smiley

Hi all

Ive been away from the hobby for a good year and was amazed to find how much it has moved on.=O

im quite keen to get back into modeling,

two things was caught my eye were the Hornby coaling tower, and the Bachmann coalng tower.

I no the Bachmann isnt out yet, but Hornby and is a limited edtion.

i was wondering in your option which is the better model?? to me the Bachmann does, but what do i no.

thx again miles

Guest Max Stafford

Miles, there are two ways to look at it. The Hornby tower is indeed good, but to my eyes, the Bachmann one is better. However, that's not to say the Hornby one is bad, far from it. There is a substantial cost difference between the two with Hornby's tower being less of an expensive proposition. If budget is more of a concern then you'd be better going for the Hornby. If you want the one with the most finesse and you don't mind shelling out a bit extra for it then go for the Bachmann.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

As neither model has actually been produced it is impossible to say what the finished products will actually be like. How often have we anticipated a new model and been disappointed with the product that appeared in the shops.

In my view the Hornby sample appears to be a smaller tower that would be more suitable to the average layout whilst the Bachmann tower would appear to be much larger and specifically based on the Carnforth tower.

Regards

Bob

Archived