Modellers table saw

Hi, I am looking to get a table saw for Xmas. Currently I am looking at the Proxxon Bench circular saw KS 230.

Has anyone used one of these and any feedback.

My intention is to use it primarily to cut wood into suitable strip woods sizes for board on board construction so anything from as small as 1/16" to no more than around 1/2" dimensions.

Will this do the job, and if not what would your recommendation be? Budget is an issue and the primary reason I am looking at the KS230 rather than FET table saw.

Thanks

Leigh

Good LITTLE saw, but with no depth adjustment. Twill be fine if you respect its limitations. Well engineeered.. john

Exactly what he said.  And it's capable of very accurate cutting indeed if you think about how you set it up.  The only reason mine gets used hardly ever nowadays is because I eventually needed to be able to cut thicker materials, aluminium and bevels so I had to get the £300 one (the FET?).

Edited by spikey

• RMweb Gold

I have the FET, but it currently has a burned out circuit board which I must get around to replacing.

Providing you use Proxxonn tools within their machine capacities they are excellent giving very clean  and accurate cuts.  (The cb on mine got fried after my son decided to try and cut some 2 x 1 up on it:  Max capacity foe the FET was  about .75")

The fact that the blade is of a set height in not an issue unless you are intending to take the fence and knife off the machine and use it for cutting rebates.

Our friends across the pond do this on a regular basis, but from an H&S point of view, it is the quickest way to lose fingers!

Even with these small machines and with the fence and knife in place, I still use a push stick to keep my fingers away from the blade.

You can buy one of these saws and not be disappointed, although I do suggest you get some spare blades appropriate to the type of cut you are attempting.

• 2 weeks later...