www.scalemodelshop.co.uk

spikey

I stumbled upon this online retailer while trying to find both Ballast Bond and Model Color acrylics from the same supplier, with a reasonable postage charge.  A good website showing live stock levels persuaded me to part with £30-odd by way of a trial order, and 48 hours later that order's handed to me by the postie.  Inside two Royal Mail "Our Sincere Apologies" plastic bags ...

I phoned scalemodelshop yesterday but nobody answered, so I emailed them to say RM's squashed the package bigtime and although I've rescued the paints OK, both bottles of Ballast Bond are FUBAR as is the colour chart which I particularly wanted.  No sooner had I sent the email than the proprietor's on the phone to me, apologising for that (which wasn't his fault) and for the fact that nobody answered when I rang earlier (which I hadn't mentioned), then sorting out replacements for the damaged stuff.  Which have just arrived by first class post!

This is how a business should be run, and I'm seriously impressed.  Usual disclaimer applies.

• Like 3