7mm sound and dcc chip for a Class 20

Barnaby

Hello.

I have a class 20 being built [7mm scale] and am wondering which sound and dcc chip to have fitted?  Is there a best choice and if there are choices what are their differences?

I can do a google but I thought I'd ask here first.

Regards

Edited by Barnaby

Hi Terry

In my 20 I have a Zimo sound decoder by Paul Cheeter and supplied by Digitrains. I am very impressed with it,

John K

Agree with that, I have all Zimo in my modest 7mm loco collection with Pauls' soundfiles.  I just installed sound in my Dapol Jinty and used the Zimo double speaker (LS40X22X09 TWIN SPEAKERS 4OHM ).  I was very impressed with the sound.

21 pin would be MX644D and hard wired would be MX645.

John

Hi Terry

In my 20 I have a Zimo sound decoder by Paul Chetter and supplied by Digitrains. I am very impressed with it,

John K

Edited for speller

I am also using Zimo in my Heljan Class 20s. Digitrains do two versions of the sound files - ZS20A & ZS20B - which is ideal if you want to run in pairs.

Zimo have very good features in the decoders if you want to use smoke generators such as automatically linking smoke output to acceleration and startup. The sound is, of course, excellent.

I also have Zimo chips in my 2 class 20's and have them in a consit with one running each way, very good results and the sound is superb. I don't think you can better Pauls sound files and he is always glad to help online if you need it.

regards

mike g