RMweb

LM Class 350 Overhead line trouble at Crewe tonight caught on Railcam

Was sent a link to this Youtube clip which has been uploaded by Railcam, happened this evening at Crewe. Flash, bang, loss of linelight I expect! Not sure of the unit number.

Cheers

Simon

Foreign object hanging from the wires and the 350 ran into it, with the subsequent parting of the contact it would seem. Loss of tension in the wire results in pantograph pushing it way high, until it contacts something solid and breaks the internal chain of the pan, and the top flips over backwards.  

The passengers all seemed to be blissfully unaware of anything having gone wrong including those in the carriage with the pantograph.

I guess they soon found out though but commendable that something as serious as this can go wrong and the passengers need not be spooked out by it at all.

The passengers all seemed to be blissfully unaware of anything having gone wrong including those in the carriage with the pantograph.

I guess they soon found out though but commendable that something as serious as this can go wrong and the passengers need not be spooked out by it at all.

Dont be surprised at the stupidity of passengers there could be flames licking up the sides and they would still just sit there.

I have even had one try to push past me so he could enter a smoke filled carriage.

Edited by royaloak