Did Bachmann ever use Lok V3.5 decoders?

Gary H

Pretty much as above.

When did they go over to v4?

Thankyou in advance.

Can't give you dates, but they used 3.5's for years, then swapped to v4's, now currently putting select in new models. For instance, I think you get class 20's with all three decoders in them depending on when the new loco version was introduced.

• RMweb Premium

Can't give you dates, but they used 3.5's for years, then swapped to v4's, now currently putting select in new models. For instance, I think you get class 20's with all three decoders in them depending on when the new loco version was introduced.

Thanks for the quick reply!!

• RMweb Gold

I'm guessing you're referring to sound decoders? - In which case the thread below might be of interest; a list of chip versions in Bachmann's diesel locos over the years

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/83830-Bachmann-diesel-sound-locomotives-loksound-chip-versions/

Cheers

Rob

• RMweb Premium

I'm guessing you're referring to sound decoders? - In which case the thread below might be of interest; a list of chip versions in Bachmann's diesel locos over the years

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/83830-Bachmann-diesel-sound-locomotives-loksound-chip-versions/

Cheers

Rob

Crikey, thats very useful!

I just spent an hour trying disipher wether a Lok decoder was a 3.5 or a V4 just from one poor picture.

The dead givaway though was the fact that the speaker attached to it was a 100 Ohm speaker putting it firmly in V3.5.

The above link confirms that!

It was taken from a Bachmann 37049  cat number 32-783DS which was released at around 2011 to 2012 ish.

From what I can make out, this was when ESU were moving from V3.4 to V4.

Edited by Gary H