Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Hurst Green Junction

4firstimes

Hurst Green Junction between Oxted , East Grinstead and Ashurst prior to the opening opening of Hurst Green Station in 1962 Hurst Green Halt had wonderful example of a London and Brighton South Coast Railway of a tall Junction signal with equal height dolls and lower quadrant arms.

This was presumely a replacement as a photo taken in 1907 shows a significant variation. My question is was this signal replaced with colour light aspect signals with the opening of Hurst Green Station or what was the type of signal commissioned and controlled from Hurst Green signalbox. Electrification of the route to East Grinstead lack of modernisation of he route to Ashurst would imply a further replacement. I am looking for information on the infrastructure in the period of 1960 to 1970 with a view to building a 2mm layout.

I have access to a wealth of published material by the Oakwood and Middleton presses but I seeking a specific period which appears not to be well represented.

Any information which can be provided through this forum i would be very grateful.