Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

If I was in charge at Hornby I would...

MrTea

• RMweb Premium

Been thinking that maybe it would be interesting to see if RMWeb-ers could come up with suggestions for Hornby on what they think the punters out there would want (i.e. what would sell well) and why? We could call it ‘Fantasy 2018 Range Planning’ if it needs a name.

I reckon it would make a change from the usual wish listing and might even give the guys in product development at Hornby some useful insights if this takes off.

Therefore in the spirit of kicking things of can I suggest the following 4 items, along with my reasoning:

1. RailRoad Class 37 in large logo BR blue - because it would be perfect for anyone looking to model the Highlands or the West in the 1980s and 90s

2. Royal Scot Class in BR Green as 46100 ‘Royal Scot’ - recently back on the main line and a famous namer with an American connection

3. Resurrecting the RailRoad Limby HST in InterCity Executive livery - for those of us entering our forties who have some disposable income (but not enough to justify the full fat version to our domestic authorities)

4. Adding TTS sound to the Thomas range - because there’s a new season of the TV show and surely DCC sound for the kids market is a no-brainer when it gives so much extra ‘play value’

What do you guys think?