Scalescenes North Light Engine Shed R022b

Hi Jim,

Not certain how to work that out, maths certainly isn't a strong point for me.

The two road version is 135mm wide and the four road 261mm. The difference between these is 126mm (261-135). Assuming all the roads are equal width, by dividing this by two we can deduce that each road is 63mm wide.

Standard OO track is 16.5mm between the rails. So 63-16.5 = 46.5mm track centres.

This is pretty much spot on for streamline geometry, but might need tinkering for setrack.

I may of course have misunderstood the question, in which case a quick email to John at Scalescenes should resolve your query.

Best Wishes

Andrew

Hi Jim,

Not certain how to work that out, maths certainly isn't a strong point for me.

The two road version is 135mm wide and the four road 261mm. The difference between these is 126mm (261-135). Assuming all the roads are equal width, by dividing this by two we can deduce that each road is 63mm wide.

Standard OO track is 16.5mm between the rails. So 63-16.5 = 46.5mm track centres.

This is pretty much spot on for streamline geometry, but might need tinkering for setrack.

I may of course have misunderstood the question, in which case a quick email to John at Scalescenes should resolve your query.

Best Wishes

Andrew

Thanks for taking the time to work that out Andrew, 46.5mm track centers sounds good, I will plan the track layout around that.

Chhers

Jim

Hi Jim

I used this kit to make a low relief factory building but in 7mm scale.

Anyway, the pitch for the engine shed roads is 63mm between centres for the OO version - I expect that it was designed to suit set-track spacings.  As always these kits lend themselves to adaptation as required.

Regards.