RMweb

Blue bricks

I’m building an O gauge layout, but my question is not scale specific. Can anyone give me a clue as to what Humbrol colour is the same (or as close as) blue bricks? I used to see lots of blue brick viaducts around Birmingham, but that was quite a few years ago.

Thank you for any help.

Bill

Edited by billtee

I’m building an O gauge layout, but my question is not scale specific. Can anyone give me a clue as to what Humbrol colour is the same (or as close as) blue bricks? I used to see lots of blue brick viaducts around Birmingham, but that was quite a few years ago.

Thank you for any help.

Bill

Have a look a phoenix paints they do a very good engineer blue brick 

Thank you, gents. I think Precision Paints is the way to go, though finding a retailer selling it may be more difficult! I will probably have to buy it by mail-order.

Merry Christmas and happy modelling to you both.

Bill

I've used both Humbrol 27 Dark Sea Grey and Humbrol 67 Tank Grey for blue brick - they are both quite blue-hued grays and as a base for the weathering and streaking they work for me. The retaining wall below is a work in process with Humbrol 27 as the base. 

post-549-0-08527000-1513716027_thumb.jpg

I looked at Humbrol’s Oxford Blue as a start, thinking I could mix it 50:50 with mstt dark grey, but it is completely the wrong shade of blue! It looks like I’ll be using Precision’s Engineering Blue Brick paint! Thank you, everyone, for your help. Bill