RMweb

Wanted - someone with a lovely rich Welsh voice (and a microphone)

Andy Y

Katherine Jenkins might be available? Failing that how about Ruth Maddock? 

Taking those questions out of the context of the topic I'm afraid the answer to the latter is a definite "No". ;)

Tomparryharry's gargling with some whisky and gravel for his best Richard Burton impression for me.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My voice is Welsh (born in the deep south at St Athan but with North Wales ancestry) but not my usual accent, having lived mainly in England and France.

I do have a friend here locally in Dorset who might be able to help. Super Welsh accent from the Swansea Valleys but perhaps getting on a bit in years to do it.

When do you need it by? Only I'm the vice-chairman of the Dolgellau and District Talking Newspaper for the Blind and their "chief engineer and procurement officer" (basically the only one who understands the digital recording kit and has access to the internet for ordering CDs...), so I do have access to our studio (a converted prison cell in the old town Gogplod station...)and being bi-lingual have access to several first language Welsh speakers who could possibly be prevailed upon to assist. Problem is we're not recording again now until January 12th, but if you are really stuck I could ask one of our lovely Welsh readers (we've got some regulars at the National Eisteddffod among our number who could give most Welsh actors a run for their money) if they could help.

PS If you want to try before you buy I upload our weekly and bi-monthly magazine broadcasts to our Soundcloud account which can be accessed through the Facebook page "Papur Llafar Dolgellau Talking Newspaper", although as I present most of the English language magazine programmes I'd give them a miss.

Edited by wombatofludham
  • Like 2

No, we're not starting some weird lonely hearts column on here but as part of a project for a friend I wanted to ask if anyone who meets the description in the title would be willing to read a poem and record it as part of a soundtrack for a video. Nothing too sophisticated needed in terms of recording equipment - just done without any background noise. Richard Burton's not available and Anthony Hopkins charges a bit.

Credit naturally given in due course.

Drop me a PM if you can help. :)

End of bizarre request!

No, we're not starting some weird lonely hearts column on here but as part of a project for a friend I wanted to ask if anyone who meets the description in the title would be willing to read a poem and record it as part of a soundtrack for a video. Nothing too sophisticated needed in terms of recording equipment - just done without any background noise. Richard Burton's not available and Anthony Hopkins charges a bit.

Credit naturally given in due course.

Drop me a PM if you can help. :)

End of bizarre request!

Ok Boyo, I'm Welsh but speak with a refined Welsh Cardiff accent.

• Like 1