Gresley A 3 NINORU 60062

DonnyRailMan

Didn't need them.  The soft blast from the Kylchap double exhaust caused smoke to beat down over the cab windows. The first so equipped (Humorist?) way back in the '30s I believe had full size Peppercorn A1 like deflectors.

My fingers must have started stuttering ,i have been watching Arkwright lol.

You are in good company   The GWR had broad gauge locos with the names  Sampson and Goliah cast in brass!

60097(2751) Humorist was fitted with A1 type deflectors in 1947, which it carried until withdrawn in 1963. The first A3 to carry German-type deflectors was 60049 Galtee More in October 1960. All A3s were fitted with double chimneys but some were withdrawn having never had the German-type deflectors fitted. These were: 60035/38/55/58/60/64/68/69/72/74/75/76/79/81/86/93/95/98/101/102/104.

Peter Townend, Shed Master at 34A (Kings Cross) is credited with suggesting the German deflectors after a visit to Germany circa 1958/9.

Edited by sirwilliamfrs

60097(2751) Humorist was fitted with A1 type deflectors in 1947, which it carried until withdrawn in 1963. The first A3 to carry German-type deflectors was 60049 Galtee More in October 1960. All A3s were fitted with double chimneys but some were withdrawn having never had the German-type deflectors fitted. These were: 60035/38/55/58/60/64/68/69/72/74/75/76/79/81/86/93/95/98/101/102/104.

Peter Townend, Shed Master at 34A (Kings Cross) is credited with suggesting the German deflectors after a visit to Germany circa 1958/9.

Thank you for the information ,i intend buying this locomotive

again to rename it 60048 Doncaster . If i can get a set of smoke deflectors

i might fit them to one of them.

I have a slowly gestating Brassmaster easi-chas on one.  The detailing kit within the easi-chas includes smoke deflectors, and I won't be using them, so if you're happy with etched ones your more than welcome to them.

http://www.brassmasters.co.uk/hornby_lner_a3_4-6-2_easichas.htm

Cheers,

If you can get hold of a white knight, this had deflectors and a correct high sided tender with which it was attached at the end of its life. It would just require a rename renumber.

I have a slowly gestating Brassmaster easi-chas on one.  The detailing kit within the easi-chas includes smoke deflectors, and I won't be using them, so if you're happy with etched ones your more than welcome to them.

http://www.brassmasters.co.uk/hornby_lner_a3_4-6-2_easichas.htm

Cheers,

Thank you for the offer Jub45565 i have sent you a PM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Anyone up for some skiing?

Still not sorted. I can't believe Hornby don't know about this...

I managed to sort the ski slope by unscrewing the mounting screw, underneath the front bogie. On removal of the screw I found a clear plastic washer, I removed the washer and then screwed it back together and hey presto!

Will try to post a picture.

Steve