Upgrading the 7mm Dapol Autocoach Interior

brossard

Here's some coach seat moquette I made converted into a picture:

Picture2.jpg.30093d3f98c73c2c54b7d6c0b6a4125d.jpg

Picture3jpg.jpg.b79ef8fdd8d0b7f92f1b28cf25b88869.jpg

I printed onto self adhesive full sheet address labels.

John

Reinstated moquette.  Not sure if I have it totally right.

Edited by brossard
  • Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 11 months later...

Hi, I wonder if anyone can offer me some advice.  I have two 0 gauge Dapol Autocoaches.   These are non DCC, but have wires attached to both bogies that go up into coach under the seating.  I came across a lighting Unit on e-bay that takes it power from DCC track (that I use and run).  This gave me the idea of installing a lighting unit in each of my coaches.  I have taken the roof off in both coaches before, but today I could not get the seating/partition unit out having removed two screws in the floor to get to the wiring.  I wonder if there is a nack to it and someone might be able to offer advice.  To all those who have painted and covered seating etc here you have given me some great ideas.

Many thanks in advance

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, Selkan said:

Hi, I wonder if anyone can offer me some advice.  I have two 0 gauge Dapol Autocoaches.   These are non DCC, but have wires attached to both bogies that go up into coach under the seating.  I came across a lighting Unit on e-bay that takes it power from DCC track (that I use and run).  This gave me the idea of installing a lighting unit in each of my coaches.  I have taken the roof off in both coaches before, but today I could not get the seating/partition unit out having removed two screws in the floor to get to the wiring.  I wonder if there is a nack to it and someone might be able to offer advice.  To all those who have painted and covered seating etc here you have given me some great ideas.

Many thanks in advance

Struggling to remember, it was at least two lockdowns ago! I think the glazing makes it difficult. Whether by choice or not I did have to fix the partitions back in, along with the glazing for the passenger doors.

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Selkan said:

I have taken the roof off in both coaches before, but today I could not get the seating/partition unit out having removed two screws in the floor to get to the wiring.  I wonder if there is a nack to it and someone might be able to offer advice.

I think the glazing blocks it and you need to pop that out if I remember correctly.

I've taken 3 apart to hack them up (enviably still in pieces some years later) and I don't recall it being anything more complicated than that.

Edited by Hal Nail

• RMweb Premium
On 23/02/2021 at 17:37, wgura said:

I have now brought out the interior and now want to re-colour the seats, because I don't like the colour from Dapol. As I live in Austria, I am not very well informed about English railways, but I am now a fan of English gauge 0 products and especially of Dapol.I own the same wagon as the one from brossard and I am asking if any of you know what the original colour of the seats is?

Best regards
Werner

Edit: Realised i've jumped back a page and thought someone was just asking - i then went on to describe all the following replies that I knew I'd seen somewhere. This must be what getting old is all about :)

Anyway will leave the photos here now.

DSC_0153.JPG.7d5448e6eb2f683b70a9e896f6cc0ebe.JPGDSC_0155.JPG.8d6f390286fade6659363ba0a7106abc.JPG

Edited by Hal Nail

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Edit: Realised i've jumped back a page and thought someone was just asking - i then went on to describe all the following replies that I knew I'd seen somewhere. This must be what getting old is all about :)

Anyway will leave the photos here now.

DSC_0153.JPG.7d5448e6eb2f683b70a9e896f6cc0ebe.JPGDSC_0155.JPG.8d6f390286fade6659363ba0a7106abc.JPG

I used this or similar pictures as inspiration to add arm rests to my autocoach. Probably not matching the Dapol prototype but I thought it added interest to the interior. I used a Silhouette cutter to make them from plasticard

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 23/02/2021 at 18:33, brossard said:

Here's some coach seat moquette I made converted into a picture:

1341990001_MoquetteA.jpg.9544029589601f72a44e2773771c4a9e.jpg

7484800_MoquetteB.jpg.bfe97e16eb649cd564451da8032f32e4.jpg

I printed onto self adhesive full sheet address labels.

John

Any chance of reposting these pictures, I'm about to start the interior on mine.

4 hours ago, w124bob said:

Any chance of reposting these pictures, I'm about to start the interior on mine.

Did that, see the relevant post.  HTH.

John

• Thanks 1