Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

What has happened to Wagonflow software?

Recently come across Wagonflow software.

It seems it was designed for MS DOS and is in the process of being updated for Windows.

There is a website - http://www.wagonflow.co.uk/ - with some information about the program, but the page regards  buying Wagonflow says "Information on buying Wagonflow will be available here shortly. Please check back later."

Anyone know the current status of this software?

Recently come across Wagonflow software.

It seems it was designed for MS DOS and is in the process of being updated for Windows.

There is a website - http://www.wagonflow.co.uk/ - with some information about the program, but the page regards  buying Wagonflow says "Information on buying Wagonflow will be available here shortly. Please check back later."

I recall an article in Railway Modeller circa 1985 by someone who had come up with a piece of software for their Sinclair Spectrum which looked remarkably similar - I wonder if this is a descendant.

There is a contact link on the bottom of that web link Martin, may be worth dropping them a line - the last updated date on the webpage shows last week, so I suspect its going strong.  There is a reference on the left hand side menu of upgrading to V4 from V3.

There was an American version of this software, cannot remember its name, but it was for PCs and very very advanced.  Think it was one of those that would have taken some getting use to, but went way beyond what most people would probably use!  I remember a friend having it a couple of years back.  Did have very realistic train and yard printouts tho!

Richie

EDIT: I found it Protrak was the other one I was thinking of http://protrak.org/wpt/

Edited by Richie Kynaston

• RMweb Gold

I contacted them last year, after I lost my previous copy of the software. For a nominal fee I got a new copy on CD, with the information that they are working on a new one. Sadly, the old one doesnt seem to work too well on modern versions of Windows - but if you have an older laptop running an old version of windows, it should be fine.

I recall an article in Railway Modeller circa 1985 by someone who had come up with a piece of software for their Sinclair Spectrum which looked remarkably similar - I wonder if this is a descendant.

Then there is a geezer in Bristol who wrote something similar but oriented to UK practice.  There is a windows version.  It was never commercial but if you pm me a request I could forward it to him as he doesnt appear on here.

There is a contact link on the bottom of that web link Martin, may be worth dropping them a line - the last updated date on the webpage shows last week, so I suspect its going strong

Thanks Richie,

The revised date on the web page is actually 6th January 2017.

I tried the contact link but it just disappeared when I clicked on it, however this was Chrome blocking it, so I tried it in Edge and it opened Gmail with this address "flow@trainflow.co.uk".

I have sent them an email asking for an update, if I get a reply I will come back and update this post.

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Edited by Martingchapman

Thanks Richie,

The revised date on the web page is actually 6th January 2017.

I tried the contact link but it just disappeared when I clicked on it, however this was Chrome blocking it, so I tried it in Edge and it opened Gmail with this address "flow@trainflow.co.uk".

I have sent them an email asking for an update, if I get a reply I will come back and update this post.

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Sorry Martin,

Havent got the hang of this 2018 lark yet!!  When we used to write cheques, I was putting the wrong year on until March!!!

I'd be interested to know what you find out.

Richie

I have had a response from the developer of Wagonflow.

They are working on setting up an e-shop so you can purchase and download the program, should be completed by next month.

The anticipated cost for V4 (the current Windows version) is £18.00.

They are working on V5 and there will be an upgrade path from V4 to V5, but no date or costs for this version yet.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello  ;- a question has anyone on RMWEB purchased this software,-  is it any good?  There is not really much info on the website, - I am  dithering  as to whether it would be a useful asset to the operation of my small layout (Sproston).

Edited by sigtech
Reason for the post added.