TVNAM 2018

Tove

I supposed this is really aimed at Nick!.

But is there a TVNAM show this year as it`s been a little quite on the info front.

Or have i missed an anouncment some where?

Cheers,

Brian.

That`s a shame,but understandable if numbers were down.

Well nout to say apart from thanks to nick for the past show`s he organized.....

Thanks for the info Ray.

Cheers,

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

There is always:

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/15713-MidlandSmallLayoutShowcaseExhibition

Same venue, same time of year, but a bit less North Amerian content. Long many it continue.

Must be a typo.

I'm taking "Lyddlow", which is O Scale, but British outline, & it might be the smallest layout there.

Official website here:- http://www.midlandshowcase.co.uk

There are other typos in the ukmodelshops’ listing: Glenuig is EM, not P4.

Hmmm, bit torn on this, one the one hand, the exhibition takes place on my birthday this year, but on the other, TVNAM was unique in that it catered to my North American leanings, from what I can see, there's only one US layout this year which I'm sorry to say is just too far for me to consider travelling for. I guess now I am on the lookout for a TVNAM alternative, if such a thing exists here in England.

The other all American show that I'm aware of is the Seaboard Southern one, which I think happens around September. It was in Crawley (ie near Gatwick) when I went a couple of years back. Was a good show for layouts, but I wasn't paying attention to the traders so I don't know if they were any good.

Showing details on the internet for 15 Sept in Crawley but as it's only end of Jan now does anybody know is this show a definite for this year? Would like to attend but need to book holiday ( shift worker ) and transport so earlier the better. Any details greatly appreciated.

NMRA Calder Northern are listing a show on 1st April at the Heritage Centre Crewe, I have no connection other than a helper with a layout last year.

Bummer, i've yet to get to this venue, i'm  usually booked for somewhere else, again i'm booked to exhibit at York that weekend, maybe next year!!!!

Ray

Calder Northern is great, I've been an exhibitor there a couple of times, including last year. :)

It's not purely American stuff though - last year there were.... two British micro layouts (and they were SUPERB!) - but it's definitely a US show, as it were.

NMRA Calder Northern are listing a show on 1st April at the Heritage Centre Crewe, I have no connection other than a helper with a layout last year.

Are you sure of the date? I can't find a more up to date calendar than 2017.

Seaboard Southern is a definite for Sat 15th Sept 2018. We hope to have some further details on the website and RM Web re: layouts and traders in the next couple of weeks

Cheers

Dan Spalding

Secretary (and Layout Scout), Seaboard Southern

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

NCAM do a yearly show at the village hall in Hampsthwaite near Harrogate on the first Sunday in July. I took my old layout Yorkford, PA there a few times and will most likely be taking my new TT layout, Naples Street, this year. It's a small show, just one day (tends to wrap up mid-afternoon) and it would be all the better for one or two more layouts and a bit more publicity.

If anyone is interested I can put them in touch with one of the organisers.

It's a shame that we don't have meets like this in the United States. With more and more houses being built without basements, it's rare to see your classic model railroads. The modular groups that I see here are the "let's build a loop and run our trains round and round."