Z21 app bulk load?

AndrewC

Has anyone found  a way of manually creating a file to be loaded into the Z21 app? I'm asking as the process for adding a loco to the app is painfully slow and I've got potentially 80+ locos to add. If not, it's back to JMRI and WiThrottle. 

On you tube this week is an item from msl TV ( modelbshn shop Lippe) interviewing manufacturers at the Nurnberg model show... Including a long video report on the new z21 app which includes new programming track design and database features on a tablet. ...in German but therefore expect info on the rock or z21 website soon

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone found  a way of manually creating a file to be loaded into the Z21 app? I'm asking as the process for adding a loco to the app is painfully slow and I've got potentially 80+ locos to add. If not, it's back to JMRI and WiThrottle. 

Surely manually creating it is what you do at the moment? Do you mean duplicating it more easily for similar locos? Copying to other devices is easy but it would be useful with similar locos of the same class with identical soundfiles to copy all the F buttons over. Might be worth using the Contact Roco on the Z21 website to suggest it.

Surely manually creating it is what you do at the moment? Do you mean duplicating it more easily for similar locos? Copying to other devices is easy but it would be useful with similar locos of the same class with identical soundfiles to copy all the F buttons over. Might be worth using the Contact Roco on the Z21 website to suggest it.

That is pretty much it. With a roster of around 80 locos, having to faff with that awful configuration UI to create each one individually is a nightmare. Its a shame there isn't a fast adhoc way of running a loco with it. I know there are a few people interested in testing it out for Freemo use. Spending several minutes having to create the entry and apply all the function buttons for a loco that will no doubt only be used for an hour then discarded from the app is not the way to go. Especially since Engine Driver and WiThrottle make the process so much easier. At least with JMRI everything is in xml and stupidly easy to clone one loco to help fill the whole roster. 

• RMweb Gold

There is a guest loco option in the menu, go to:

Railed Vehicles

Demo Loco.

Now open the control screen and flip up the full roster showing all the locos and there should be a #3 loco with a + and - symbol, you can scroll up and down or tap it to programme in a longer number. Tap the loco icon again and you will now have Demo loco on screen with 23 F keys but obviously no icons on them. That works pretty much the same as withrottle ;)

There is a guest loco option in the menu, go to:

Railed Vehicles

Demo Loco.

Now open the control screen and flip up the full roster showing all the locos and there should be a #3 loco with a + and - symbol, you can scroll up and down or tap it to programme in a longer number. Tap the loco icon again and you will now have Demo loco on screen with 23 F keys but obviously no icons on them. That works pretty much the same as withrottle ;)

Thanks, but I don't have a Demo entry in my railed vehicles list. May be an idea just to create a new temp loco with all the normal functions setup and update its number as needed. Good idea.