RMweb

Tender coupled the wrong way around

Sweeps

Do you think some sellers deliberately take photographs of locos with the tender coupled the wrong way around to convey the impression that they know little about model trains and we could get a bargain, or Is it a genuine error - frequently made,

Do you think some sellers deliberately take photographs of locos with the tender coupled the wrong way around to convey the impression that they know little about model trains and we could get a bargain, or Is it a genuine error - frequently made,

When modelzone were in Nottingham almost all their locos were displayed like that. Even DMUs were displayed cab to cab, go figure?

• RMweb Gold

When modelzone were in Nottingham almost all their locos were displayed like that. Even DMUs were displayed cab to cab, go figure?

Modelzone in Cardiff often had mismatched loco and tender combos. However, when I saw them, they'd at least got the same liveries.....usually.....

• RMweb Gold

Never mind Modelzone, which after all was high street retail and employed people from that sector. Knowledge of product not necessary.

I recently purchased a secondhand Heljan 128, from a leading box-shifter. On ebay it looked pristine, but by the time it got here quite a few bits had shaken loose. I know, it happens. What concerned me, though, was that, unlike the ebay picture, a key piece of painted bodywork had been clipped in place obviously upside down. What hope is there?