The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Printer problem

Chris. D.

Hi

I have a problem printing, the computer sees the printer and will print a head cleaning print out and do a nozzle clean, but will do nothing nothing else. I have deleted it and reconnected it, but with no success. I'm using Win 7 pro.

I have connected the printer to my laptop and everything works as expected. So I'm left scratching my head as to the problem, it must be PC related, but I have no further ideas.

Thanks

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Maybe it's a problem with the installation of the printer driver on the PC with the problem. I'd suggest a complete uninstallation of the printer on that PC and then reinstall, using a different USB socket (as suggested already).

Edited by Ian J.

• RMweb Premium

Check "Devices and Printers" in the Start menu.  As you have deleted and reinstalled your printer, it may now appear twice and you may be trying to print to the wrong (ie non-existent) one.  If that is the case, change your default setting to the other printer and delete the non-existent one. (I hope that makes sense!)

DT

• RMweb Premium

Check "Devices and Printers" in the Start menu.  As you have deleted and reinstalled your printer, it may now appear twice and you may be trying to print to the wrong (ie non-existent) one.  If that is the case, change your default setting to the other printer and delete the non-existent one. (I hope that makes sense!)

DT

Agreed, that happens at a friends place from time to time. Going in via Control Panel reveals Printer Brand X 001 and 002. Of course the printer is trying to print to the non-existing one & so fails. I find this method to work reliably.

Delete both and restart the PC with printer turned off - to clear anything. Now shut down the PC again, turn printer on, turn PC on again and let the PC find the printer again and all good.

Edited by kevinlms

• RMweb Gold

I have this problem with a wireless printer setup, works fine with the laptop but pain in neck when trying to use with PC. Have found it seems to be a problem with the print spooler settings and I have to go into services turn print spooler off and then on again to clar it, that on a system running 8.1. May be worth having a look at on your system

Are you using the same usb socket each time, and as you have used previously?

I have found on some pcs each time you use a different socket, it installs a “new” printer...

Hi Jonboy

I have deleted the printer and plugged it in again using the same USB port and then deleted it again and plugged it into a different port on the front of the PC rather than the one at the rear, I get the same results whichever way I try.

Thanks

Chris.

Agreed, that happens at a friends place from time to time. Going in via Control Panel reveals Printer Brand X 001 and 002. Of course the printer is trying to print to the non-existing one & so fails. I find this method to work reliably.

Delete both and restart the PC with printer turned off - to clear anything. Now shut down the PC again, turn printer on, turn PC on again and let the PC find the printer again and all good.

Hi Kevin

I have done all that and I'm still getting the same result.

Thanks

Chris

I have this problem with a wireless printer setup, works fine with the laptop but pain in neck when trying to use with PC. Have found it seems to be a problem with the print spooler settings and I have to go into services turn print spooler off and then on again to clar it, that on a system running 8.1. May be worth having a look at on your system

Hi Mike

could you please give details of how to get into the print spooler.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Terry

I forgot to mention that the printer is a Epsom Stylus 1290S, I have had it for a good few years now, but it still does the biz.

I said the same thing until a recent upgrade of print driver goonered my 5 year old Epson printer. It wouldn't let me roll the driver back either.

I bought a new one. At £50 it was a steal although it seems a bit heavy on the ink.

Hi

Thanks all for your input, I left the printer deleted and unplugged from my last time online here until this morning, I then reconnected it and still had the same result, deleted it and started again and success!

Thanks again for your assistance

Chris.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi

Thanks all for your input, I left the printer deleted and unplugged from my last time online here until this morning, I then reconnected it and still had the same result, deleted it and started again and success!

Thanks again for your assistance

Chris.

Lets hope it stays that way!