Woburn Sands Railway Station Research

Hi there.

New to RM Web so just finding my feet in respect of what to post and where; so please be patient.

To help inform my modelling I've been some research of Woburn Sands Railway Station but source material appears scarce.  I've trawled some of the excellent published tomes for the line and tried all the usual sources NRM, Network Rail, Highways Authorities, Railway Heritage, Historical Societies etc but with limited success.  There is some published material on the web although this is usually the same photo looking in the down direction towards the station building / level crossing; helpful but not ideal.

In particular I'm looking for anything which can help create a picture of the good yard buildings, (downside) gasworks & coalyard and (upside) brickworks.... especially around 1925 - 1940 although recognising that little changed until the raising of the platforms in the late 1950s(?)

At one point the BR Chief Architects Photographic Archive seemed to be a good source although not sure where this ended up following the demise of BR Residual (certainly not with the Highways Authority as described on the gov.uk website) is anybodies guess.

Pip pip

Steve

• RMweb Gold

Hi - have you got hold of the books published by the Bletchley to Bedford rail users association. some of their publications have old photos that have not appeared in other books.

I have build Little Brickhill (based on Bow Brickhill) and Bedford st Giles (based on St Johns) :)