Gloucester DMU

Little Glossy has gained some front end details, the single top lamp puts the model firmly into the first batch of twenty, the second batch of twenty lacked this feature, having two sidelights instead. What you see is actually the second attempt, for the first go I fitted top lamps like on an earlier Derby Class 116, but they just looked rather under-nourished. The top lamps and shrouds on these Class 100s, were getting on for twice the size. The 2-digit headcode looks straightforward enough, but the dimensions are critical, human eyes are good at spotting things out of true or proportion, i'm fairly happy with the results, but there's still room for a bit of fine-tuning. The roof shell vents are now fitted, using Comet BR/LMS type. It's time for door furniture and roof tank pipes next, can't decide whether to paint this blue or green, a second unit based on the second batch might be the answer? BKattachicon.gif20180331_204713.jpgattachicon.gif20180331_204731.jpg

I feel like this should have a small yellow warning panel, whether it's blue or green. Do what you want, it's your model after all.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I had to put this build project on hold for awhile, whilst I was busy with other commitments. I had put the two cars away in a cupboard, a couple of months ago, when I opened the cupboard today, to my surprise the units had been breeding, i've now got enough bodies for two units! Seriously though, this solves the problem of whether to paint the first one blue or green, plus this second unit can have the different cab front arrangement, found on the second batch.

Cheers, Brian.

post-298-0-92004800-1527712859_thumb.jpg

• Like 6