Converting PECO 0 gauge double slip into a single slip

Junctionmad

Has anyone tried to modify a PECO O gauge double slip into a single slip version , any ideas on whats possible ?

thanks 

Dave

That's an interesting question, I would expect it wouldn't be that straightforward mainly because of removing the K crossing part rather than the turnout blades, etc. How about just leaving it as a double slip and painting the unused rails a rust colour.

Martyn.

Has anyone tried to modify a PECO O gauge double slip into a single slip version , any ideas on whats possible ?

thanks 

Dave 

As Martyn says, removing the K crossing, etc would be difficult.

It may be easier to construct your own single slip from scratch using the double as a template, or using Templot.

Both myself and Martyn have constructed single slips and once started they are quite straight forward.

Alternatively as Martyn suggests, paint the unused rails rusty. Good luck in whatever way you decide to tackle it.

Jinty ;)

looking at it , would it not be possible to remove the outside curving stock rail and insert ordinary rail instead of the existing switch rail > , Ok the slide chairs will remain , but thats OK , I could replace the slide chairs with C&L , which I have 

I have constructed quite a bit of 4mm track , so making my own isn't daunting 

Edited by Junctionmad

• RMweb Premium

You could sell the Peco double slip and buy a solidly built Marcway single slip for GBP115? Better than mangling the double slip..

Dava