Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Globalrail 2018 - German Railway Society

CloggyDog

• RMweb Premium
The German Railway Society presents Globalrail 2018

Sunday 29th April 2018, Didcot Civic Centre, Britwell Road, Didcot, OX11 7JN

10:30-16:30

Adult £5, Child £3, Family £12

Ample free parking, Step-free access to all halls, drinks & light refreshments available.

Layouts

Braunlage - Paul Steedman - German H0m Süd Harz

Eastwood Vermont - Andrew Knights - US H0

Gbl Bitterfeld - Eric Bird - German H0 PW depot

Gouttieres - John Hooker - French H0

Kendorf - Ken Jones - German Z

Kleindorf - Richard & Hazel Woodbridge - German Z

Knuddelstein - Phillip Ford - German N

Loddonsee - Lonndon Vale MRC - Austrian H0

Mena Brea - Alan Wardman - Italian H0

Nippon Tetsudo - Peter McConnell - Japanese Z

Parkend - Steve Nicholls - UK 2mm Finescale

Pottendorf - Andy & Tim Hale - German H0

Selah - Andy Gautrey - US H0

Smrzovka - Ian Lampkin - Czech TT

Trade

Modelmania - new models

Mount Tabor Models - new models

Chris Roberts - new and pre-owned models

Mainline & Maritime - new books and publications

Elaine's Trains - pre-owned models

JBs Modelworld - model storage and tools

David Smith - second hand books and paperwork

Ticket to Ride - DVDs

Societies/Other

German Railway Society, including member's sales.

Austrian Railway Society

French Railway Society

Swiss Railway Society

Continental Modeller

British H0 Society

Scandinavian Railway Society

Edited by CloggyDog
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am delighted to be able to bring my micro Interurban layout "Selah" to it's last show east of the Cascade River, as a few days after it'll be packaged up and sent to it's new home at the Yakima Trolley Museum. Please drop by if you are curious about Traction modelling, micro layouts, or how to design antique electric locos for 3d printing.

post-6819-0-20047700-1523911381_thumb.jpg

post-6819-0-78002800-1523911573_thumb.jpg

I managed to go last year as an operator for a friend's layout, and it is certainly an excellent show.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Very good weekend, chatted myself to drink ;) Must have done something right as Alan asked if I'd consider the full layout in a couple of years :)

Glad to catch Andy's mini traction layout in the flesh before it wings its way abroad. Sorry Andy you were so busy chatting I just lurked and admired all the stock :)

Ian's 2-10-2 guested on Süd Harz and he was spotted squirrelling another one away so my corruption is working ;)

Had a chat with Stationmaster too amongst many others and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Layout back up two flights and dumped to be sorted tomorrow.

Well done the GRS team!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Four of us from our club paid a very enjoyable visit to the show; one of my favourite exhibitions. I even managed to finally get hold of DR BR50 (something which has eluded me for quite a while) from the dreaded Chris Roberts - dreaded inasmuch as he always seems to have something I need want!

Some decent layouts present - we spent quite some time looking at Braunlage. I also liked Smrzovka (nice to catch up with Ian!), Parkend, Pottendorf and Selah was extremely well executed. Gouttiers is also a layout I never tire of seeing.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Excellent little show, as it has been in the past but even better this year and nice to have a chat with various folk including Ian (whose new loco ran as well as it looked when it had a quick test run) and Paul; sorry I missed '298' but a nice little layout.   Despite the very considerable trade presence I managed to keep a very firm grip on my wallet as fortunately the bookshelves have no room for those very attractive books on French and Irish narrow gauge, and my bit of Harz-lust was dealt with by Ian's purchase while I watched ;)

Glad to catch Andy's mini traction layout in the flesh before it wings its way abroad. Sorry Andy you were so busy chatting I just lurked and admired all the stock :)

Thanks for the offer of assistance to unload, in the end I had to make three trips from the car so will have to think about some form of wheeled trolley to carry all the extra stuff that is required when exhibiting.

Selah had a great last show, not just because a couple of friends offered to operate allowing me to chat to others, but also because the layout was remembered by many from the enlightened crowd from it's recent appearance in Continental Modeller.

Thanks to Alan for the invite to this excellent show, and I'm looking forward to returning with another layout in the future.

• Like 1