RMweb

Twin class 26

I'm not sure what you're asking. I don't think that was a regular occurrence but have seen photos before of it happening at least once. Normal locos would probably have been classes 86/87, 37 or 60 depending on which year you're looking for

I'm not sure what you're asking. I don't think that was a regular occurrence but have seen photos before of it happening at least once. Normal locos would probably have been classes 86/87, 37 or 60 depending on which year you're looking for

Yes steel train usually by electric class 86 x 2 or single class 37 from mossend yard to south and late new class 60 but steel work closed down in late 1990s

And I think unavailable electric locomotives at mossend yard by only available twin class 26 coal that why

Guys

Hope I can shed some light on this one the steel trains were hauled by 86/87 but by the early 90s the steel trains were put into metals Sector working as the metals sector had no 86/87s allocated the trains were usually Class 37 hauled.

I suspect when the 26s were used it was probably during a slow period for coal traffic am sure Longannet used to have a summer shut down of 2or 3 weeks

Dave

Yes steel train usually by electric class 86 x 2 or single class 37 from mossend yard to south and late new class 60 but steel work closed down in late 1990s

And I think unavailable electric locomotives at mossend yard by only available twin class 26 coal that why

It was usually pairs of 37/5s or a single 37/9. I don't remember whether it was singles or pairs when 37/7s were used.

It was usually pairs of 37/5s or a single 37/9. I don't remember whether it was singles or pairs when 37/7s were used.

The workings north of Crewe would use a pair of whatever 37s Motherwell could muster (after the end of AC haulage) so 37/0s, /5s or /7s. 37/9s didn't normally venture too far north of Crewe.

BBA by the look of it.

After the first five or so wagons, there appear to be some with shallower solebars; I suspect these could be BAAs. Same capacity but 10' shorter than the BBAs. Both sorts are available in kit form from Cambrian Models, whilst Dapol do a R-T-R BAA, I believe.

Could well be. I have a pile of the Cambrian kits, 10 BBA and 3 BAA to build sometime. Has anyone tried making those card kits for the 'eye to sky' coils that you can get on ebay? You can make quite a lot for about four quid it seems and I wonder how they'll look on these kits.