RMweb

Burton Model RailEx 2018

binny

Burton Railway Society

Burton Model Railex

• Sun 4th November 2018
  • National Brewery Centre, Horninglow Street, Burton Upon Trent, Staffordshire DE14 1NG
    OPENING TIMES:  10am-4pm
    ADMISSION:  Adults £4.00    Children £1.00  Family £9.00 

Our seventh year at the National Brewery Centre. 17 layouts, demonstrations and other exhibits with trade support and the admission price includes full access to the museum. Refreshments, free parking, along with a selection of cask ales are available. The history of brewing in Burton is told plus how the railways and road transport played such an important part in the growth of the town. Brewery locos along with the directors saloon are on static display as well as numerous road vehicles. Shire horses are also kept on site.

Edited by binny

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Which scales & gauges are the layouts for the Burton show? The webpage just lists their names. I haven't been to the Burton show before but I like to see some Gauge 0 to make it worth the journey.

Dava

• 3 weeks later...

Have a good Show Jeff, and I hope all goes well for you.

Pity I'll miss it again as I will be in Bala getting the Wife and Dog away from the Fireworks.

Will chat on the phone Monday night for an up date.

• RMweb Premium

Interesting morning at Burton with a walk round the brewery museum as well as the Modelex, most of which was in a marquee. Some bargains to be had but a strange lack of bacon naps or anything similar! Some interesting smaller layouts which reminded me that in previous years we'd have Weston on Trent show about now - and met AndyRam on the way in.

Interesting morning at Burton with a walk round the brewery museum as well as the Modelex, most of which was in a marquee. Some bargains to be had but a strange lack of bacon naps or anything similar! Some interesting smaller layouts which reminded me that in previous years we'd have Weston on Trent show about now - and met AndyRam on the way in.

Was good to see you briefly Dava. Weston would have been in two weeks time had it taken place this year.

I visited the show briefly this morning before heading off to the shop. I agree with Dava’s comments about the number of interesting small layouts on display. It was an enjoyable show as always. Congrats to the organisers.