AM9/Class 309 Seat Moquette

I am looking for information on what sort/pattern/colour of seat moquette was used in the AM9/Class 309 when first introduced in the early60s. As they were the first 100mph multiple units, I had an idea that there may well have been contemporary Eastern Region publicity blurb produced showing the interior or perhaps even a BTF film showing the new units which may well have had interior shots.

It's possible of course that they might have just used the Mk1 coach moquette in common use at the time - Anyone any ideas?

I would have thought the grey-based 'Trojan' pattern would have been used, as on other Mark 1 stock, including some of the BR(S) electrics. However, that is only a guess.

Will you be going as far as reproducing the varnished wooden mosaics that adorned the Griddle car interiors?

I suspect one or two may have survived, there were a couple in the Ilford Depot Managers office in 1991, I hope they went to a good home...

Will you be going as far as reproducing the varnished wooden mosaics that adorned the Griddle car interiors?

I suspect one or two may have survived, there were a couple in the Ilford Depot Managers office in 1991, I hope they went to a good home...

SR man and Titan

At present the plan is simply to produce in 7mm scale the two cars of the 309/1 stock i.e., DMBSK and BDTS. However, I do have [probably] enough information to produce BDTC and MBSK cars as well. I haven't studied enough underframe photographs of the AM9 griddle cars [ as opposed to the Mk1 griddle cars that operated with loco hauled trains and described in Mr Parkin's masterpiece] to know whether I can do justice to these. If I can dig out some more pics [mainly underframe boxes] then a full 6-car Clacton segment unit is a real possibility. The same applies to the trailer in the 4-car Walton segment. An 0gauge 10 car unit in maroon would be something to see! 

There again, as the 2D and 3D design work is all computer-based, scaling down to 4mm scale as well is not outside the bounds of possibility.

Many thanks for the Bluebell pages - very helpful.

Edited by ted675