Finding a match for a certain lamp style

Hi all. I've been trying to find a close match (it won't be a perfect match) for this kind of lamp style...

post-17811-0-95591400-1525601049.jpg

post-17811-0-91343400-1525601054.jpg

post-17811-0-01427800-1525601064.jpg

I've cropped and reduced the size of the images so hopefully there won't be any copyright issues.

The originals are (presumably) ex-LNER on the suburban side at Kings Cross and were still in existence up to the mid 1970s. Searching for "station" or "platform" lamps brings up countless designs and styles from a multitude of manufacturers, but I can't find anything that contains the shade inside of a hoop. I'm working in OO/4mm and these can either be working or non-working. I'm just curious if anyone knows of a make/supplier that I've missed? Thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Theres still a couple at Hitchin on the up side if you look hard enough!

I would think that some bent bits of wire would make a suitable shape....

Andy G

Thanks guys. Strangely enough after I'd finished cooking myself in the garden for an hour, I went and bent some wire into a passable shape as you both mentioned. It turns out it's not that that's the issue. A rather ornate tapered base is called for and I couldn't figure out how to represent that. More Googling revealed these...

post-17811-0-00011600-1525616755.jpg

I hadn't found them because they're continental HO rather than British OO and obviously I wasn't looking in the right place. If I can find some ornate posts to mate the heads of these onto, Frankenlamp is alive.

• Like 1

Duh... That tapered lamp in Mike's post jogged my memory...

A quick rummage in the big box of "things I might use one day" revealed a pack of three Gaugemaster gas lamps I bought a while back and forgot about.

post-17811-0-43276600-1525677203.jpg

It seems a shame to ruin a nicely-detailed working lamp but as I doubt I'll ever use them, I should be able to mate the head from the continental lamp onto the tapered base and I reckon that will be as close as I'm going to get.

Thanks to all.