LEDs for Interior Lighting in Rolling Stock

Hello, and thank you for approving my membership of the forum.

I am looking for a source/supplier of LED bulbs for lighting the interiors of rolling stock and building. They need to be White, have a E5 Screw-in Base, Concave Lens and work on 12v-14v preferable DC or AC.

I have plenty with convex dome shaped lens' that are fine for headlights and tail lights because the light spread is very narrow which is perfect for that function.

Any suggestions for sources would be most welcome. I would prefer North America for convenience but the UK and any other location would be fine too.

Thanks in advance,

Peter B.

PS. Collector/Operator of Hornby Dublo, Trix Twin, Trix Express, Marklin and many others. :)

Hello, and thank you for approving my membership of the forum.

I am looking for a source/supplier of LED bulbs for lighting the interiors of rolling stock and building. They need to be White, have a E5 Screw-in Base, Concave Lens and work on 12v-14v preferable DC or AC.

I have plenty with convex dome shaped lens' that are fine for headlights and tail lights because the light spread is very narrow which is perfect for that function.

Any suggestions for sources would be most welcome. I would prefer North America for convenience but the UK and any other location would be fine too.

Thanks in advance,

Peter B.

PS. Collector/Operator of Hornby Dublo, Trix Twin, Trix Express, Marklin and many others. :)

First

Welcome to RMweb :)

Don't tell me! They are for Trix lighted coaches etc. The original bulbs are expensive (they always were*) and the train consumes more current that the locomotive....

* IIRC 1/4d in the days when £1 = $2.8 and 75mA (I use Doll's house lamps which are considerably cheaper. They are only 50mA and a bit dimmer, but no one will notice  :secret: )

Not that the LED replacement is all that economical....

Thanks for the prompt replies, the need is indeed for Trix Coach lighting. I will investigate LEDLight  dot com, the prices look OK to me, about 1 GPB each is OK by me, I can buy them in quantity.

Best regards to all at RMWeb,

Peter B.

P.S. I had difficulty finding my post. I had to search for my member name. Is there a pinned post with general info about the forum, maybe I missed it? :)

P.S. I had difficulty finding my post. I had to search for my member name. Is there a pinned post with general info about the forum, maybe I missed it? :)

If you press the 'follow this topic' button at the top-right of the page, when you go back to the forum index you'll see it appear in a panel labelled 'My followed topics' in the top-right corner and you can find it again without having to search. 

(edit: oh - I see you've already found that button!) 

Edited by sharris

Another way to find all threads you have posted in is to left-click on your name ( top RH corner of the window)

A box will pop up(down) then left-click on "My Content" highlighted with yellow

I am using Windows10 on a PC

post-28417-0-03285700-1525961239.jpg

John

• 2 weeks later...

I did order some LEDs from LEDLights and installed one in a Trix Express 757 Pacific. I replaced the single bulb with a 90 degree LED, The loco has three lights on the front end, 1 in the smoke box door, and 2 on the buffer beam. There were 3 light pipes and the 90 degree bulb resulted in a great light spread that fed all the light pipes with equal intensity.

Best regards,

Peter B.