RMweb

Slight hiccup with ECoS 4.2.3 update

bigal10

Has anyone else had this happen?

I’ve been away from the layout for a few months, - that’s one of the downsides of being retired, too many holidays!!

So, yesterday, I downloaded ESU’s firmware update 4.2.3, for ECoS, onto my 50200.

Then, the first loco I ran was my new favourite, DJM J94 0-4-0 tank, with a Zimo MX649n, with Pauliebanger’s/Digitrains’ excellent ‘Whimberry Whistle’ sound scheme.

Following last December’s ECoS update of 4.2.2, the up-and-down throttle lever allowing Brakes/Whistle in one swift movement has been a joy for me!

What happens now, with 4.2.3, is that with F1 sound on, the loco will not move, in either direction, when using the rotary throttle !

After a little testing, it seems that turning F1 sound off, allows the loco to move off, using the rotary throttle.

You can then turn F1 sound back on and the loco continues with motion and sounds, until it comes to a stop. Change direction, turn rotary throttle, and NO MOVEMENT!

I have not run either of my 2 other kettles, but have tried 2 of my similarly Zimo kitted Diesels, and all is well, F1 sound on, move away on throttle, slow on throttle, brake to stop, change direction, move off, slow, stop, etc., all with sound and motion!

Can anyone shed any light on what’s going on?

Sorry for yesterday’s cock-up, forgot that this site doesn’t like emojis!

Alan.

Edited by bigal10

• RMweb Premium

Sorry for yesterday’s cock-up, forgot that this site doesn’t like emojis!

Alan.

Why then do we have pages of them? :onthequiet: :boast:

Look at the smiley face on the toolbar when posting. :declare:

Keith

Edited by melmerby

Cheers, Keith.

I must have used them before, but last night, it just binned about 10 minutes’ worth of typing!

The saga continues,

Spoke to Jeremy at Digitrains a couple of hours ago, and he suggested that some locos won’t move with the brakes on, so have a look at handbrake settings.

Done that, and still no movement with F1 sound on.

Checked my other 2 steam locos, and my 4MT tender, which has the latest soundfile, (up-brakes/down-whistle) and it works fine.

My 3MT tank has not got the up/down soundfile, (yet ! ) and that works fine.

I need to check all my fleet of Diesels next...

I’m flummoxed now...

Any further suggestions?

Regards,

Alan.

Edited by bigal10

If it's only one loco doing it it suggests it's the loco - have you tried doing a reset on it by setting CV 8 to 8?

I've had a few odd scenarios and that usually sorts it by putting it out of the box condition, but it will also change it back to 3.

Cheers, Gordon.

That did the trick!

The only sound that got lost was the change direction on CV575 (?). Quickly solved by making it value 44 (door slam, - I think )

I need to check my entire stable now,

Thanks,

Alan.