Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

pic identification, is this def Frodingham?

18B

• 1 month later...

I was trying to work out what the buildings in the background might be (to the left of 8053) to help to identify it?  It could be the old Ore Mining Branch Depot (Trent Remine) on the opposite (north) side of Dawes Lane to  Frodingham Shed.  In the late 1960s and the early 1970s the area this photo might have been taken (if it's the same place I am thinking of) is to the west of the new diesel depot, and right next the road entrance to the depot (which would be behind the building to the rear of the Bo-Bo).

I remember there was a little dip down in Dawes Lane, with an OMB signal box and a level crossing where OMB trains would cross Dawes Lane and run just immediately to the north of Frodingham depot and under the BR lines at Trent Junction Signal Box. In the late 1960s there were certainly a lot of brick buildings associated with OMB on that site, and many were demolished over a few years into the early 1970s.  Certainly 8053 was allocated to Immingham but spent much of here time at Frodingham.

I think this photo is looking to the north east.

Plus, Frodingham hosted some EE Type 1's, later clas 20's, singletons, one for the Gun House (Gunness) bank banker, and one for trip workings for spoil etc at Barnetby.

Plus, Frodingham hosted some EE Type 1's, later clas 20's, singletons, one for the Gun House (Gunness) bank banker, and one for trip workings for spoil etc at Barnetby.

post-13196-0-79360900-1533825647_thumb.jpg

Here's the "shunter shed" circa 1978.