Another train ID

acg5324

In that case it will be empty stock from Malago Vale carriage sidings to Temple Meads,

edit - and would that be the Glasgow to West Depot Freightliner service, (a Oct 1976  WTT shows 4V10 20.15 Glasgow - West Depot, due 06.08 through Bristol Parkway.)

cheers

Edited by Rivercider
  • Like 2

In that case it will be empty stock from Malago Vale carriage sidings to Temple Meads,

edit - and would that be the Glasgow to West Depot Freightliner service, (a Oct 1976  WTT shows 4V10 20.15 Glasgow - West Depot, due 06.08 through Bristol Parkway.)

cheers

Did the Freightliner still have air-braked vans and opens attached at Kingsland Road? Earlier that year, I 'revised' for my finals near Narrowhill Junction, and saw a north-bound Freightliner so formed. The vans took tobacco north, whilst the opens brought paper or board in the opposite direction.

Did the Freightliner still have air-braked vans and opens attached at Kingsland Road? Earlier that year, I 'revised' for my finals near Narrowhill Junction, and saw a north-bound Freightliner so formed. The vans took tobacco north, whilst the opens brought paper or board in the opposite direction.

The 1976 WTT I have shows the 4V10 as 'Exress Freight', so I think that would be the case, it still was in 1978 when I went into Bristol TOPS.

The loco would shunt and berth the flats at West Depot, then bring the tail traffic, (usually a couple of VDAs loaded for NCL ) back to Kingsland Road. 

cheers