Attempting a micro layout

First of all my layout is 4'in length and 8"in width and will be in oo gauge. The layout will have a fiddle yard and and two sidings long enough for a Bachmann Class E4 steam loco with late crest and three or four wagons. I will be using peco code 100 setrack which will have the usual ballast and ground cover. I'm hoping this sounds ok and I will be starting on the base at the weekend..

First of all my layout is 4'in length and 8"in width and will be in oo gauge. The layout will have a fiddle yard and and two sidings long enough for a Bachmann Class E4 steam loco with late crest and three or four wagons. I will be using peco code 100 setrack which will have the usual ballast and ground cover. I'm hoping this sounds ok and I will be starting on the base at the weekend..

sounds like a nice project. The southern engines seem to have an appealing charm to them especially the tank engines. I have a couple lf questions for you though, will there be a point in the scenic area and what will be the wider setting of the layout (ie: urban, rural, industrial) ?

sounds like a nice project. The southern engines seem to have an appealing charm to them especially the tank engines. I have a couple lf questions for you though, will there be a point in the scenic area and what will be the wider setting of the layout (ie: urban, rural, industrial) ?

Luke by point do you mean a left or right in which case I'm thinking of using a left hand point and the scenery of the layout will be some grassy mounds along with a good yard them where coal,mineral and wood would have been used. I may also put a platform in of some kind..