Ron Lines Southampton

Beacon

Popped in to the new shop today. Great to have somewhere now that Footplates has gone and to have Ron Lines in a more accessible location (only five minutes walk from where I work :) )

I shall make sure I pop in regularly and try to use them where possible as I've really missed the expert advice available at Footplates since it closed and sometimes it is worth the extra money on an item to get it from someone local who knows their subject!

Anyway, for anyone else in the area who is interested, you can find the shop at 332 Shirley Road opposite the Bingo Hall (SO15 3HJ). I think they've literally only just moved in and it is a small shop so it was quite easy to miss (no name above the door yet) and there was obviously still some sorting and unpacking to do inside. Good to have a general browse and rummage though and a good mix of new and second-hand as well as kits, DCC, scenics etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

No-one been into Rons since 2010, can't believe it.

I called in yesterday with some birthday cash in my pocket, and SWMBO in tow, yes she was going to buy me some stuff as well !

First time I've been into the shop, have to say it was a bit difficult to spot, tucked away in Shirley High St, parking is not the best, but we found some space in residential road about two minutes walk away.

Can only say I'm glad we found it, really helpful staff, some great stock, new and second hand all at good prices too. I spent a good hour in there looking around, and kept adding bits to the pile on the counter, between us we spent a fair bit, had a good chat and went home happy.

I'll give him five stars, just for the service and friendliness of Ron and his staff.

Archived