2 or 3 rail pick ups

Hi All

This 7mm stuff is all new to me and I would like a bit of advice please.

I am looking at buying some Darstaed coaches (new) now then, they are being sold as 2 or 3 rail pick up but "2 rail pick up not included" all my trackwork is 2 rail so does this mean the internal lighting will not work?

where do I get 2 rail pick ups?

or am I just being a bit dim about all this

Please can someone enlighten me

Thanks

Rob

Edited by robnhen

First, need to narrow down which coaches.

Darstaed have made very many, of which a lot of brand new ones are still on the market. Only the most recent Mk1s are intended for 2-rail finescale; all the others before that have coarse-scale wheel-sets, which won’t run through finescale points.

Their coarse-scale coaches will run on two or three rail coarse scale track, and a set usually comes with one coach fitted with a centre third rail current collector (known as ‘spoons’) to feed power to the lighting. None of the ones I have came with current collection to power the lights on two-rail track.

I believe that their recent finescale Mk1 two-rail coaches do have power to the lights from two rail track, but a call to Ellis Clarke trains is the best way to confirm that.

Hope that all makes sense, Kevin

• Like 1

Thanks Kevin.

I was looking so called 'new' items from The Station Masters Rooms but they may be old stock 'new' items.
I may need to look at the latest coaches from Darstaed via Ellis Clarke.

Any others you could recommend ?

Thanks again

Rob

The Station Master is a very reliable supplier.

A lot depends upon what track, especially points, you have. There is a significant difference between coarse and fine wheels and which makes of points each will run happily through.

So, which track and points do you intend to run on?

K