Modelling check rails...

I'm not sure if anyone has discussed this previously on here, probably have.

Would anyone know of a way to model check rails on a tight curve? I'm using Peco Bullhead, my idea is to use spare left over lengths, trim the sleepers and fit it within the sleepers on the track.

Does anyone have any possible alternative?

Cheers

Caz.

I'm not sure if anyone has discussed this previously on here, probably have.

Would anyone know of a way to model check rails on a tight curve? I'm using Peco Bullhead, my idea is to use spare left over lengths, trim the sleepers and fit it within the sleepers on the track.

Does anyone have any possible alternative?

Cheers

Caz.

Not sure I understand your method.

I have successfully added check rails using bullhead rail and C&L chairs. Remove the inside half of a Peco chair every 3rd sleeper and fit the C&L chairs suitably spaced to the rail. This is then fixed to the sleeper where the half chair has been removed. At the other 2 sleepers fit a C&L half chair to hold the check rail.

Problem was finding a suitable glue to fix C&L plastic to Peco plastic. C&Ls own solvent, plas-weld and other solvents were not good, but one of these new fangled glues that you shine a light on for a few seconds seemed to work OK.

Not sure I understand your method.

I have successfully added check rails using bullhead rail and C&L chairs. Remove the inside half of a Peco chair every 3rd sleeper and fit the C&L chairs suitably spaced to the rail. This is then fixed to the sleeper where the half chair has been removed. At the other 2 sleepers fit a C&L half chair to hold the check rail.

Problem was finding a suitable glue to fix C&L plastic to Peco plastic. C&Ls own solvent, plas-weld and other solvents were not good, but one of these new fangled glues that you shine a light on for a few seconds seemed to work OK.

Thanks Merfyn.

I didn't explain my idea very well, sorry! I meant the chairs/ trimmed sleepers of the checkrail would sit in the cribs between sleepers of the flexi track, so it's staggered or interlaced if you like.

You'r method with C&L chairs is the better option, Ill have full cribs and it'll look better accross longitudinals. I'll have a look into it.

Thanks Merfyn.

I didn't explain my idea very well, sorry! I meant the chairs/ trimmed sleepers of the checkrail would sit in the cribs between sleepers of the flexi track, so it's staggered or interlaced if you like.

You'r method with C&L chairs is the better option, Ill have full cribs and it'll look better accross longitudinals. I'll have a look into it.

Don't forget the C&L chairs are for bullhead rail, not Peco code 75 flatbottom or Peco's bullhead rail.

Good call about copperclad sleepers or drill holes in the Peco sleepers (every third would do) push in Brass track pins and solder the rail to them, followed by half chairs

If using C&L or Exactoscale flexi track you could use trimmed Exactoscale check rail chairs which will stick to the bases with solvent

Thanks guys.

I think my course of action will be to firstly lay my length of Peco Bullhead, then to use C+L chairs and rail using 4-screw chairs(as check-rail chairs are 4-screw, so the four-foot will be correct!) glued to the peco sleepers.

Thanks for the input guys.