Red Panda GPV

Shamouti Ben Yafo

• 2 weeks later...

No-one remembers anything about this? I'm sure I read that it was going to be suitable for two versions by providing separate stanchions - like the sand tippler.

I had heard that RP were considering doing one- hadn't heard about the seperate stanchions idea, though. I thought the body design had stayed the same, and that the underframe had gone from 9' unfitted to 10' unfitted and finally to 10' fitted- the latter on the underframe that RP already do....

...hadn't heard about the seperate stanchions idea, though. I thought the body design had stayed the same, and that the underframe had gone from 9' unfitted to 10' unfitted and finally to 10' fitted-...

I cant recall the details too clearly after this interval, but I think it was established that the last (10ft wb, clasp braked) batch had differently spaced stanchions - IIRC the middle ones in each panel (i.e either side of the doors) were slightly further out than the earlier wagons. I dont think there were any 10ft wb unfitted ones either, though some non-clasp brake might have been built as fitted, rather than converted from unfitted

Guest Max Stafford

I'd no idea this was coming from anyone, an interesting development and one that I will find of great use. :)

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

I'd no idea this was coming from anyone, an interesting development and one that I will find of great use. smile.gif

Dave.

Hi all,

Having spoken with Richard at Modelrail - 'I don't think this kit will appear at all'.

I asked about other this and other body kits suitable for the chassis and this was his response.

So - It looks like the only way to do this is carve up the existing models!

Thanks

Guest Max Stafford

There again, I suppose Parkside will be needing a big seller to fill the drop in Highfit sales when the Bachmann ones come out. This might fit the bill...! :)

Dave.

Archived