Badgers keep those Tamiya jars!

chaz

I discovered something today - it might already be widely known in which case SORRY!

I have been using Tamiya acrylics for a while and have been in the habit of saving the glass jars "in case they might be useful". incidentally soaking them in water overnight usually dislodges any dried on paint.

post-9071-0-88725600-1536097547.jpg

I use a Badger airbrush and I wondered if the jar adapter....

post-9071-0-70751500-1536097625.jpg

....with the nylon pipe suitably shortened....

post-9071-0-94641500-1536097668.jpg

...would fit on a Tamiya jar. The thread doesn't seem quite right but it does tighten nicely and appears to stay put.

post-9071-0-73683600-1536097756.jpg

Could be a useful source of free jars? I haven't tried spraying with the combination yet but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. 

Chaz

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered something today - it might already be widely known in which case SORRY!

I have been using Tamiya acrylics for a while and have been in the habit of saving the glass jars "in case they might be useful". incidentally soaking them in water overnight usually dislodges any dried on paint.

attachicon.gifP1080318.jpg

I use a Badger airbrush and I wondered if the jar adapter....

attachicon.gifP1080319.jpg

....with the nylon pipe suitably shortened....

attachicon.gifP1080320.jpg

...would fit on a Tamiya jar. The thread doesn't seem quite right but it does tighten nicely and appears to stay put.

attachicon.gifP1080321.jpg

Could be a useful source of free jars? I haven't tried spraying with the combination yet but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. 

Chaz

I've done something similar in the past with empty Railmatch jars/lids,  drilling the lid and fitting a spare suction/pipe assembly, a small "air" hole is also required in the cap/lid, but it worked fine, also good for changing between colours quickly.