RMweb

ESU decoder parameter 'operating time'

leopardml2341

I noticed the other day when a friend was using his lokprogramner, the parameter 'decoder operating time'.

Can someone please tell me if:

a) This parameter increments on both DCC and DC operation?

b) It is resettable?

Thanks in anticipation.

Edited by leopardml2341

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks.

The reason I was asking is because I recently bought a factory dcc fitted loco, claimed to be new but appeared to have wheel tread polishing which suggested otherwise.

A friend has a lokprogrammer and he reported the decoder operating time as 00:00:00, suggesting it was indeed new.......

But I wondered what might happen to this timer if the loco had only been operated on DC?

Thanks.

The reason I was asking is because I recently bought a factory dcc fitted loco, claimed to be new but appeared to have wheel tread polishing which suggested otherwise.

A friend has a lokprogrammer and he reported the decoder operating time as 00:00:00, suggesting it was indeed new.......

But I wondered what might happen to this timer if the loco had only been operated on DC?

Hi,

Its just possible depending on the degree of wheel tread polishing that the loco had been temporarily pulled off the production line sometime after it had reached the running stage as a sample for running tests.

If the loco was bought off an auction site then the actual seller might have missed off the 'as' in 'as new' - lots of examples of alleged interesting descriptions on the *-*** Madness section of this forum.

Regards

Nick