Austins Toy Shop Newton Abbot

Brinkly

• RMweb Gold

I went into this shop yesterday purely on the off chance of purchasing some 'cheap' animals for our Year 1/2 class which seems to be almost devoid of any animals in Noah's Ark, and at the bottom of the shop is a huge range of model railway items, ranging from Hornby to Bachmann products, a huge range of Ratio, Wills and Cooper Craft kits to name but a few and all of it was very competitively priced. They also stocked a huge amount of Gaugemaster items and things such as Smith's 3-Link couplings and Phoenix Paints. I really was shocked; some shops at persevered railways aren't as well stocked as this! They also have a table top layout to check your loco before you purchase it, which I think is a really good idea.

Needless to say I didn't need an excuse to purchase some bits and bobs.

Overall I was very impressed so if you are in Newton Abbot I really do suggest that you pop in and have a look, as it is the type of traditional model railway shop that needs local support to survive; there really is something for everyone in there.

Regards,

Nick

• RMweb Gold

Amazing - I hardly ever go into Austins and never realised they had a toy dept let alone that!

I know! It really is worth looking in there, they had the full Bachmann and Hornby loco ranges and a huge amount of rolling stock. But it was the little bits that I was so impressed with, things such as Transfers, not Fox but the other company (can't think of who now), you could easily get everything 00 from in there to build and run a layout.

Archived