Hornby R4851 Swallow Livery MK3 'TRFB'

DaveClass47

On 21/09/2018 at 22:32, DaveClass47 said:

Hi folks,

I see that the latest release of the Hornby MK3 Buffet car has appeared in the shops.  

It has a full yellow banding along its length, ie no red band above the buffet part of the coach.   I know the era for this particular release is a later one, ie 1990's (the power cars have the new over head warning flashes and the coaches the orange door locking lights).   But did HST MK3 ever run with a full length yellow banding along the top of the coach/roof?

I also see Hornby have released it with a plain roof.   no roof vent detailing.   When will they learn?.....they managed to give us the ECML Virgin coach with correct roof detailing, so why not this? sigh!

Anyway, any help on the yellow band would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Is it my imagination or has history just repeated itself again?

o.k. no full yellow banding this time but no roof vents and the 'external' handrail in the buffet counter area.

Yet the recent Hornby (NOT reheated ex Lima) GWR TRFB (as well as the East Coast Virgin/LNER ones) are correct. despite the stories about the original Hornby TRFB tooling being damaged beyond repair.

Can I assume that the Swallow ones without the roof vents come from a different factory?

Luckily these aren't on my wish list but I thought it is worth mentioning.

• Like 1

On 21/09/2018 at 22:32, DaveClass47 said:

Hi folks,

I see that the latest release of the Hornby MK3 Buffet car has appeared in the shops.  

It has a full yellow banding along its length, ie no red band above the buffet part of the coach.   I know the era for this particular release is a later one, ie 1990's (the power cars have the new over head warning flashes and the coaches the orange door locking lights).   But did HST MK3 ever run with a full length yellow banding along the top of the coach/roof?

I also see Hornby have released it with a plain roof.   no roof vent detailing.   When will they learn?.....they managed to give us the ECML Virgin coach with correct roof detailing, so why not this? sigh!

Anyway, any help on the yellow band would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ah what not again! I really don't see what their problem is with using the correct toolings which they have!  It always only appears to be any BR MK3 ones the BR MK3 Buffet of BR IC Executive and BR INTERCITY liveries TRFB MK3 coaches. BR blue TRFB and post privatisation are always unaffected with correct underframe of battery boxes and roof vents! That will be 3 attempts of getting BR IC swallow and INTERCITY swallow MK3 buffet cars I feel like sending mine back still new aa they were bullsed uo with a note pleading them to at least attach the correct roof with vents and underframe! I just pray the APT-P rooling stock has the correct vents on the TU TF TS as they all differ from the serving 5 that were preserved! 

Edit I've just seen this from 2018 :huh: I'll await to see if they have corrected their mistakes. 

Edited by RyanN91
Mistaken date