Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Where is the best place to (legally) spot at Toton?

richscylla

I'm going to be passing Toton in the next few weeks on the way to Doncaster for work and I thought it wold be good to stop off and try and get some pictures/film at Toton, but not knowing the area, I was wondering where the best places to get shots are. Legally of course, don't need a trespassing charge!

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

The A52 goes across the north end of the yard and you can see the depot from it too.

On the Derby-bound side, there is a layby just before the bridge where you can park and walk along the grass verge. You can also see the lines of stored 60's from here.

There's an easier way to get to that bank on the east side if driving.

Off of the B6003 is Banks Road. Drive all the way to the end, there's a small roundabout for busses to turn, and park up. Toton is literally through the bushes.

C6T.post-8937-0-23108800-1537954326_thumb.png

Edited by Classsix T

• RMweb Gold

LOL takes me back. 

In the early 80's me and a mate who lived at Attenborough walked over the fields to Toton, found the footpath on the south side which appeared to lead right through the depot. We got 3/4 of the way through before the BTP turned up and ordered us to hop it. Which we did carrying on until we reached the a52  :locomotive:

Think the old footpath has since been diverted to a footbridge over the railway to avoid such confusion ..... ;)

Edited by RedgateModels

• RMweb Premium

There's an easier way to get to that bank on the east side if driving.

Off of the B6003 is Banks Road. Drive all the way to the end, there's a small roundabout for busses to turn, and park up. Toton is literally through the bushes.

C6T.attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180926-102949.png

If you are coming across on the A52, its off at the Bardills roundabout, down past the trams and hang a right at the traffic lights at the bottom.

Through the bushes and head right, might be muddy if there has been heavy rain recently. Binns or a good zoom lens definitely required.

Don't expect much movement though.

Dave