G&W paint job

dibber25

I read somewhere that Genessee & Wyoming had stopped Microscale from selling their sheets of G&W decals, presumably due to an issue over licence fees. It reminded me that I had a sheet for the G&W Canadian companies in stock and that it was time to model the two units I saw in Sudbury back in August - SD40-2 No. 3410 of Ottawa Valley Railink and 3012, a Huron Central GP38-2. So here's the first one - not quite finished. I need to do the cab side number, front number boards and whatever needs doing to get the lights back in to working order. A lot of black tape is used inside this model to direct light to the right places and stop it showing through in others. I'm guessing I've displaced one of those bits of tape, as none of the front lights work. (CJL)

post-1062-0-90032300-1539808367_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Some people iv seen and used myself paint the inside or around certain areas with black paint to stop light bleed. I had this occur on my CSX loco by Bachmann before it stopped running I had to paint around a few spots on the rear and nose and it sorted it once i checked with the lights out but its still an interesting project your creating