help identifying this o gauge loco

today i bought a o gauge lms 0-6-0 steam loco, its a beaut but i have no idea who makes it, i will post a link to a pic of one that i think it is, i real pic, the reason i think its this is the tender, as the model has this tender with the rib down the side. i would post a pic of the model but am not picking it up until wednesday but i have seen it in the flesh. any help would be great thanks.

http://images.google...v%3D2%26hl%3Den

i think its the superheated class 3 0-6-0 goods loco.a few pics down the page.

• RMweb Premium

Slaters never did a 3F kit. I have a built up 3F (3581) that was a May gib kit but was I believe originally done by the late George Norton. I believe that this is still on the market but I don't know who does it now. The tender is still available and was done by fourtrack but I think that Dragon models have it. If this sounbds confusing it probably is. Most of these O gauge kits have changed hands several times. If you want I can post a picture of the 3F. However it does have a modified cab as the orginal purcahser of the kit was a friend of George Norton and got a separate cab etch.

Jamie Guest

Slaters never did a 3F kit. I have a built up 3F (3581) that was a May gib kit but was I believe originally done by the late George Norton. I believe that this is still on the market but I don't know who does it now. The tender is still available and was done by fourtrack but I think that Dragon models have it. If this sounbds confusing it probably is. Most of these O gauge kits have changed hands several times. If you want I can post a picture of the 3F. However it does have a modified cab as the orginal purcahser of the kit was a friend of George Norton and got a separate cab etch.

Jamie Guest

To provide a bit more flesh to Jamie's comments. The Maygib 7mm range (a MR Belpaire 3F and a MR Class 378 2P) certainly became part of George Norton's range. He sold them on to London Road Models, who in turn sold them to me when I aquired the LRM 7mm range. I then marketed them for a while under the FourTrack Models banner. As the locos were also in the Gibson range sales were poor. Both kits used brass tube for the boiler and as time went on this became harder, to the point of almost impossible, to source in the small quantities that I needed. Therefore if production was to continue an etched boiler would have to be drawn up and taken into production. Because of the poor sales I decided that this wasn't a viable option at the time and so withdrew them from the range, although I had already upgraded the 3250g tender to offer as an alternative to the 2950g tender usually supplied with the MR3130 class 2F. When I retired last year the MR and LNWR locos in my range went to Dragon Models in Penarth.

Archived