Yulan Valley Railroad (YVR)

Neville

Hi Everyone.

Getting back to filling in the aisles.

Here is the first Module taken from the air. No details have been added yet but you get the idea the space on the right is where an Electrical Sub station will be built. You can see from the photos how the lightweight modules slide on runners if you need access. I have included an extra photo to show you an aisle that is not filled in compare the difference.

Take care. Nev.

post-23446-0-32793800-1543195691_thumb.jpg

post-23446-0-62305200-1543196152_thumb.jpg

post-23446-0-09946300-1543196192_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Bob.

Thanks for that mate great video I have never seen it before.

That is Don Smith's from Industrial models layout I have lots of photos from when he was building it. I have bought a few freight cars off him his weathering is the best of the best.

So after watching that my efforts seem to fade into the sunset here is a hot metal train running at today's session. Nev.

post-23446-0-30499800-1543577767_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neville
  • Like 3

Hi Bob.

Don Smith is a really nice bloke even though I have never met him I have lots of photos of his layout and at least ten of his freight cars which his weathering is at a very high standard.

here are a couple of his cars in service at the blast furnace "bag house" the dust from the furnace is recycled and used for road base or mixed with cement. Thanks mate. Nev.

post-23446-0-75899600-1543708467_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Bob.

Don Smith is a really nice bloke even though I have never met him I have lots of photos of his layout and at least ten of his freight cars which his weathering is at a very high standard.

here are a couple of his cars in service at the blast furnace "bag house" the dust from the furnace is recycled and used for road base or mixed with cement. Thanks mate. Nev.

attachicon.gifDSC03365.JPG

Hi Nev , thought I would catch up and see what you're doing . Excellent work as usual and the weathering on those freight cars is wonderful .

Say hi to Marg , hope you are both well .

Cheers Belgrave Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul.

Good to hear from you mate.

Next time I visit my sister I will call on you probably around March next year.

So only one thing left to say....Have a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Don't eat to much Christmas pudding. Neville.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Wendell that is a great compliment as I live in West Australia and have never seen an American Steel Mill I have plenty of books though!

Here is a photo for you taken at the last operating session a couple of days ago count how many locomotives are in the photo if you say six your wrong!  :no:

Have a great Christmas mate.

Neville.

post-23446-0-65049000-1545523522_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neville
  • Like 1

Thanks Wendell that is a great compliment as I live in West Australia and have never seen an American Steel Mill I have plenty of books though!

Here is a photo for you taken at the last operating session a couple of days ago count how many locomotives are in the photo if you say six your wrong! :no:

Have a great Christmas mate.

Neville.

DSC01117.JPG

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Neville!

Wendell

Idaho, USA