Stanier 40t twin bogie hooper?

farren

Never seen a kit advertised for these very-advanced wagons; there are some for the Tyne Dock Iron-Ore hoppers, which are similar in concept. 

There is footage I have seen on here of a 25kV electric hauling a train of the Stonebridge Park wagons, filmed at Bletchley, IIRC; it dates from the mid-60s, and the wagons look perfectly at home with the 'cutting-edge' electric.

I have a rake of these awaiting detailing and I have used the basis of the Lima/Roco/Fleischmann HO bogie coal hopper, which are virtually to the OO dimensions for the LMS hoppers.

Lima used to market an HO version in fictitious NCB livery, #302892, and these can be picked up quite cheaply. The end platforms unclip and the bogies need exchanging for the diamond frame pattern and you're almost there!

It is of any help the relative manufacturers catalogue numbers are as follows:- Fleischmann 5520; Lima 302930, 302932, HL6026; Roco 46239, and there may be other variants. I also recently picked up a Marklin version #4624 which I also think will fit the bill. There were 30 of these wagons built and they usually ran in rakes of 11 or 12 which was dictated by the unloading facilities at Stonebridge Park Power station.

I would add that there was a thread concerning these wagons some time ago, I think in UK prototype modelling and entitled ex.LMS bogie Coal Hoppers or something similar.

Edited by BrushVeteran