RMweb

Hybox axleboxes in 4mm?

Pillar

The Parkside Grampus kit also includes them and I bought enough sprues for 30 wagons about 10 years ago for making 24.5 tonne hoppers. I have never needed to used the hybox covers so p.m me how many you need and I'll make a bag up for you.

Edited by Flood

The Parkside Grampus kit also includes them and I bought enough sprues for 30 wagons about 10 years ago for making 24.5 tonne hoppers. I have never needed to used the hybox covers so p.m me how many you need and I'll make a bag up for you.

Did you ever make the hoppers? IIRC, the 'Hybox' axleboxes were included in the kits for the 22t Tube, the 26t Iron-Ore Tippler and the Grampus.  Before Parkside were sold to Peco, one used to be able to buy odd sprues for bodies and underframes; I suppose it's too much to hope that Peco have retained this service?

• RMweb Gold

Did you ever make the hoppers? IIRC, the 'Hybox' axleboxes were included in the kits for the 22t Tube, the 26t Iron-Ore Tippler and the Grampus.  Before Parkside were sold to Peco, one used to be able to buy odd sprues for bodies and underframes; I suppose it's too much to hope that Peco have retained this service?

I don't think Peco do offer this service although you can get spares and replacement bits if they are damaged though. Peco operate a totally different way to what Parkside did they make and pack exactly what they need to fill packets to sell where as Parkside used to run batches of stories then sit them on shelves ready to fill packets as needed. I had often gone into the Parkside factory and waited for bits to be put into boxes I doubt you could do that at Peco as the Parkside range is only one of many products that they do. The scale of operation is totally different.